Health Setback!

October 7, 2013



I started writing the post a few days ago but I just couldn't at the time. I was just too emotional. If you've been following me for a while, you know I was diagnosed with renal failure November 2011. When I was first diagnosed, I was at Stage 1, Acute Renal Failure. Sometime around July 2012, I was told that it had moved to Stage 2. I was still hopeful because I knew that the early stages were reversible. I started focusing on what I was eating and running. My doctor told me the things I could do to improve my health and I followed his instructions. All the time I was hopeful that in the end that things would get better and I would be healthy again.


In October 2012, I lost my health insurance and I was unable to go back for my follow up appointments. It was not until the day before my birthday, September 27th that I was finally able to go in for lab work. I will admit, I was optimistic but there was a part of me that knew things hadn't changed. I was still having the same symptoms. The biggest things were the lower back pain, the flu-like body aches, and fatigue. Those are a few issues but they are main issues that were affecting my day-to-day activities.

No one around me has had any clue as to how bad I've really been feeling. People just think my knees were hurting from running but it was so much more going on. I just didn't want to whine. More importantly, I didn't want any sympathy or worry. Each time I went for a run was a struggle and there were morning I had to separate myself from the group just so I could cry and run it out because I felt so bad.

Well, the test results from the 27th came in and I haven't been a happy girl. The renal failure is still there and is Chronic Kidney Disease. To add to the drama, my kidneys have now cause my thyroid to stop functioning properly. This has in turn caused an issue with my pituitary gland. Many things make sense now. I was having issues with being emotional, mood swings, and my weight has not been coming off over the last year or so as it should've been no matter how on program I stay. I now know why.

This biggest thing at this point is finding a nephrologist here and getting in ASAP. I've already set an appointment with an endocrinologist here so that is one less stress. I hate taking meds but at this point, I'm hoping a pill is all I need to get my thyroid and pituitary gland back on track.

As for my kidneys, I'm still at an in between stage that with all that I have been doing it should get better.  My doctor that ordered the test tried to encourage me by saying that they will get better but it's just taking a little longer than I would like.

So, on that note I am going to stay positive and try to shake myself out of this funk that I've been in site my results. I feel depression setting in and I can't afford to have episode right now. So for those of you who pray, keep me in your prayers.


As always, thank you for reading my post and sticking with me through the good and the bad.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS