Weekly Update: Coming Out of The Closet...Kinda

April 26, 2014


I'm sorry I've been so quiet. The last few weeks have been a struggle. I guess this is my coming out post of sorts.  I've had a couple of Lupus flares and it's slowed me down a bit. Today it got to the point I couldn't walk more than a few steps. I won't lie, I scared the hell out of me. It hurt so badly that I lost my breath and I couldn't stand up straight. No one knows my personal struggle because I don't want people to feel sorry for me. I've been suffering for years and the doctors didn't put it together until December. Lupus attacked my kidneys in 2011. That was the first major clue. Then I started having issues with my knees and other joints. I explained that away because I was running with too much weight on my joints. Wrong!  I had been experience other symptoms long before then. I spent years trying to explain away what was going on with me. I will do another post about the systems I experience.



Why am I speaking up? There are so many women out there who have not been diagnosed or have things going on in their bodies but can't get the correct information. I want to bring awareness. I don't want anyone to suffer for years like I have suffered.

The funny thing about Lupus, you can take the SLE blood test and receive negative results. That may not mean anything for you. It is very hard to diagnose. Most doctors don't want to diagnose it because of the fear that goes with the mortality rate. I honestly said I wouldn't done better with a cancer diagnosed but not this one. Cancer you have a chance to cure it. Lupus you don't. Based on my family medically history, a cancer diagnosis would not shock me at all.


I try to live the best life I can and stay positive. That's all I can do. There is no need for me to be angry or feel ashamed. I did nothing wrong. This came from my mother's side of the family because she is my mixed parent. Since it is rare in whites, it's safe to assume my father had nothing to do with this one. I am frustrated by some comments and insensitive comments. Don't pity me and don't disrespect me.




Today has just been a rough day filled with stress eating. I have to get my emotions under control. I am about to go lay my head down and pray that tomorrow will be a better day. I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer, just being transparent.

I have asked one of the ladies in the FitTube group to find workout that will work with my joint issues. If you all know of any, please please share. I would greatly appreciate.

Stay Strong and Healthy,


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Tiki,
Stopping by from the SGBC #tribedare. WOW! You are so brave and strong. I wish you great health and pain free days. Looking forward to learning more about your journey.
MJ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS