New Episode: Run for my life!

April 29, 2012








I did not move off my sofa other than for essential functions today. Why? I didn't sleep last night and I decided to go out at 7 this morning with the local running group. I only planned to do Couch to 5K. The program is 30mins. I was going to turn around & head back when it told me I was at the half-way point. Did I do that? Nope! I kept going. I turned around after I finished the cool down. Of course I had to make matters worse by deciding to continue to jun/walk instead of just walking. Needless to say, my legs are killing me. I need to get new insoles b/c it felt like I was running on the ground barefoot. My shoes don't have many miles on them but I bought them right before my accident. So, I was 50 lbs lighter at the time. I think my feet are shifting differently now. I don't know but Dr. Scholls is calling me! The insoles below are the ones I really want to try but I have a $3 off coupon for Dr. Scholls. So, they will only cost me $7 at Walmart.


Did I mention one of my group members wants me to run with her tonight at 6pm? Oh, I'm going to have to pray on that one b/c my legs said heck no but my brain is all in. They are trying to kill me with exercise. Lol! I'm hoping this raggedy body of mine can get back on schedule. I want to run at least Mon (with group), Weds (group members in my neighborhood), and Sat (with group).


If I can go back to 4 to 5 days of running I would be so happy. I really need to talk to my neuphrologist on Mon. I'm hoping my kidney function has gone up. But, I need to ask him how often I can run b/c this am I got dehydrated and started swelling. I had some powerade before and after my run but I think it was the coffee I had the day before that caused the problem. I have had this problem one time before. I was swollen, my face was crusted with salt, my finger were numb, and I became weak. There is a name for it but I remember it off hand. Given that I have issues with renal failure I'm learning to not push myself:(


In the end, I realized that I rather hurt from running than my other issues. I'm hoping that going back to running will improve my health and quality of life as it did before. I'm literally trying to run  for my life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS